Breaded Sauteed Coach Farm® Goat Cheese Patties
- 1 cup soft Coach Farm® goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- English muffins or little toasts
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Tiny cherry tomatoes
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the cheese on a piece of plastic wrap. Cover with another piece of plastic wrap, and gently pat and “massage” the cheese into a patty 2 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick. (You can also skip the plastic wrap, and just use your hands. Dampen them first, so the cheese won’t stick.) Repeat with the rest of the cheese. You should have 8 patties.
- Place the bread crumbs on a plate, grind in some fresh black pepper, and stir to mix. Press the cheese patties into the crumbs until coated on both sides and around the edges.
- Place a heavy, nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, wait about 30 seconds, then swirl to coat the pan. When the skillet is very hot, add the coated cheese patties and saute for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, adding more oil if necessary. When they are done to your liking, transfer the sauteed patties to a plate lined with a double thickness of paper towels.
- Serve hot or very warm, sprinkled with more freshly ground black pepper, along with your choice of accompaniments.