Makes 1 gallon
- 1 pound chopped Bacon
- 1 gallon Apple cider
- 4 ounces Pommery mustard
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 12-14 oz Cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons Salt
- 2-3 teaspoons Coarse ground pepper
- In a large rondeau, sweat bacon until lightly brown.
- Add the cider and reduce until thick and syrupy.
- Remove from heat and add the mustard, honey, and vinegar.
- Whisk in the olive slowly to form an emulsion.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Note – for beet salad, add local maple syrup and adjust the acidity with additional vinegar as necessary.
- 2-3 leaves Bibb Lettuce – toss with vinaigrette
- 1 cup Assorted baby beets – roasted and quartered
- 3-4 Lardons
- Shaved Coach Farm® Aged Goat Cheese